Time Warner Event - Digital Media
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Posted by: Ascend Metro New York
On May 19, 2011, the Asian Employee Resource Groups at Time Warner and Ascend Metro New York Chapter hosted a panel discussion on how the digital media industry has changed, challenges it faces and what the success factors are for the future of digital media business. The event was well attended by professionals from various companies.
The panel session was moderated by Ekta Singh, Partner with Ernst & Young specialized in Media and Entertainment industry, and featured with speakers from Time Warner - Andrea Ching, Senior Vice President in Marketing & Promotions division of Turner/SI Digital, Mai-Wah Cheung, Senior Vice President in Technology & Product division of Univision Interactive Media and Hans Deutmeyer, Vice President in HBO Go and MAX Go. The panelists shared their views on the changes in the digital media world and addressed various topics such as:
- The challenges facing digital business and identifying the right business model to balance out the competition between the traditional broadcasting business and the new business
- The decision process for content delivery including getting to know the customers, identifying the changes in the consumers' mindsets and lifestyle, capturing the targeted customers' demand, finding content that would provide personalized experience, etc.
- The approaches to enhance the customers experience with digital market by building a more interactive and cross-board digital platform
- The challenges on infrastructure to facilitate the future digital media development
- The challenges and opportunities from advertising perspective for monetization
- The forecast subscription rates and key factors in pricing
- The actions have been taken or to be executed to further improve the operation efficiency and content delivery effectiveness (e.g. cross platform integration, streamlined workflow)
- The outlook for the digital market in five years in this fast changing environment
The panelists also shared their personal transformative experiences, joyful stories and exciting moments during their journey in advancing their careers in the digital media business. The discussion was followed by a networking session that allowed attendees to continue the discussion and share their views on the digital media industry with each other.