Ascend Metro New York Chapter - "Competing for Growth"
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Posted by: Ascend Metro New York
On the evening of April 19, 2011, the Metro New York Chapter of Ascend and Ernst & Young hosted an executive discussion on "Competing for Growth” at Ernst & Young (5 Times Square, on 7th Avenue between 41st & 42nd Streets, 22nd floor) to explore what leading companies are doing today to strengthen and sustain their competitiveness in this new market environment through four key areas: (i) Customer Reach (ii) Cost Competitiveness (iii) Stakeholder Confidence and (iv) Operational Agility. The guest speakers also shared how they personally stay at the top of their games as business leaders.
· Understand clients' needs and think from their perspectives; take due diligence and efforts to anticipate the clients' needs
· Innovation leads to growth
· Heavily regulated firms need to manage the balance between respecting regulations and minimizing the cost for compliance
· Learn to adopt environmental challenges by improving efficiency, learning new processes and changing processes
· Be able to collaborate different views from different groups and functions
· Candid and direct communication is most effective
Guest Speakers and Moderator
· Harry Chopra, Managing Director, Global Client Service and Sales Operations, Standard & Poors
· Nadine Mirchandani, Partner, Ernst & Young
· Kristie Wong, Controller, Barclays Americas