Ascend Seattle/The Boeing Company: Preparing Auditors for Tomorrow's Challenges
Date/Time: Thursday, April 21, 2016
Time: 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Location: The Museum of Flight
9404 E Marginal Way S
Seattle, WA 98108
The program will feature two roundtables:
- Academic Roundtable - highlighting colleges from the Pacific Northwest, including organizational overviews and educational strategies to support auditor training
- Chief Audit Executive (CAE) Roundtable - focusing on how industry risk affects their organizations and their strategies and challenges for hiring and developing auditors to manage those risks
- Bavan Holloway, CPA, CGMA, CIA, CRMA - Chief Audit Executive, The Boeing Company
- Brooke DeBay, Managing Director, Audit Programs, Alaska Air Group
- Scott Howe, Assistant Vice President, Costco Wholesale
- Joyce Kirangi, CPA, CGMA, Director of Internal Audit, Port of Seattle
- Sarah Bee, Senior Instructor, Department of Accounting, Seattle University
- Ken Smith, PhD, Associate Professor of Accounting, Central Washington University
- Thomas Phillips, CPA, MBA, Lecturer and BAP Faculty Advisor, Department of Accounting, University of Washington
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA) – Seattle Chapter
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) – Seattle Chapter
- ASCEND Pan-Asian Leaders – Seattle Chapter
Contact Victoria L. Johnson at Victoria.L.Johnson@boeing.com or (provide phone number) to register. Provide the following information: name, phone number, and contact email.
Professional affinity groups (ALPFA, NABA, ASCEND) will provide information on their organizations and how they can foster career development and networking support.
- Cost is free and includes admission to The Museum of Flight before or after the event.
- Free CPE: 2.5 hours
- There will be opportunities for networking