Ascend LA and Deloitte Consulting LLP Speaker Series
Taking Risks – How to balance Risks and Rewards in Your Professional Career
Please join Deloitte Consulting LLP and Ascend for an interactive professional development session with Anna Mok, the National Executive Vice-President of Ascend, and learn the soft skills to stand out in your professional career.
Life is risky. Every action holds the potential for success or failure. Unfortunately, many of us are reluctant to take risks because we have been conditioned to stay in our comfort zone, to follow everyone else’s lead. At this event, we will explore and learn when, how, and why we must take risks in our careers.
- Understand why you must take calculated risks in order to move up in a corporate environment
- Learn how to manage these risks and learn from failure
- Assess how your organization views takings risks
About the Speaker
National Managing Partner, Clients & Client Excellence, Deloitte
Executive Vice President, Ascend
Anna has been with Deloitte for 25 years and has led some of the firm’s most prestigious clients in the financial services, high technology and life science sectors. She’s currently on the Leadership Team of the Advisory Practice and is the Managing Partner of Deloitte’s US-Southeast Asia Program. She was a member of Deloitte’s Board Council and was the first Chinese American woman admitted to partnership at Deloitte & Touche LLP. Recognized as an active community leader, she focuses on education, economic access & leadership development. She is the Chairman of the Commonwealth Club of California and is on the executive committees and boards of the United Way, Committee of 100, APIASF and AAMA. She has been bestowed numerous recognitions including the Most Influential Women & Forever Influential Awards and the AICPA Minority Leader Award. She is a frequent speaker on global business, governance, risk, leadership and diversity matters. She graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business.
Deloitte - Los Angeles Office,
350 S. Grand Avenue, 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
(Hermosa, Manhattan, and Redondo conference rooms)
Date and Time:
Thursday, December 4, 2014
5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- California Plaza (Deloitte office) - $39.15 all day, $11.30 after 5 pm (accepts credit card)
- One Bunker Hill (601 W 5th St., 2 blocks away) - $30 all day, $6 after 5 pm (accepts credit card)
- Parking at 400 S Broadway (3 blocks away) – $7 all day, $3.75 after 4 pm (cash only)
Come early to attend the networking sessions before the event and connect with Deloitte professionals, Deloitte alumni, and Ascend professionals.
For questions regarding this event please reach out to Madhu Muruli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ascend is the premier non-profit professional organization that enables its members, corporate partners and the community to realize the leadership potential of Pan-Asians in global corporations.
Ascend plays a vital role in helping global companies and its members align their objectives for mutual success and has rapidly become one of the largest Pan-Asian professional membership organizations. Ascend’s national and regional chapter programs help to:
- Cultivate the leadership development and professional growth of members
- Build eminence and visibility for Asians and to provide role models
- Provide business growth opportunities for our members and corporate partners
- Encourage the continuous presence and influence of Asians in the global economy
- Bridge the "Cultural Difference” gap between Asian and Western cultures
- Serve the public interest in the community
- Provide thought leadership and mentoring
Please visit www.AscendLeadership.org for more information.