Ascend LA and Deloitte Consulting LLP Speaker Series
Executive Presence - Are You Standing Out?
What image do you project? How do people react when you enter a room or when you walk down a hallway?
What is Executive Presence? You recognize individuals who have it and you know it is essential for your own professional growth. Numerous factors constitute executive presence and also play a vital role in how far you go — from your wardrobe to your ability to inspire. Executive presence will help you in achieving your career aspirations.
Please join Deloitte Consulting LLP and Ascend for an interactive professional development session with Wesley Hom, the National Managing Director of Ascend and learn the soft skills to stand out in your professional career.
We define Executive Presence as the ability to totally engage those around you to reach their highest levels of performance. At this event we will explore, define, and practice executive presence. This workshop will help you absorb new skills and by practicing it, you will significantly impact your career.
About the Speaker
- Understand what executive presence means
- Why it is important to have executive presence and why you should want it
- Learn about the key characteristics of someone with executive presence and how you can achieve it
Vice President and Managing Director - Ascend
Wes was former IBM Vice President and Managing Director throughout his 32 plus year career with IBM.
Today, he advises on business development, diversity, and leadership development for Ascend's global sponsors and respective organizations. Wes also chaired IBM's Asian Diversity group, where he was recognized as the "conscience & guardian" to the Asian community throughout IBM. He was recognized as one of the "2007 Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business" by the Asian American Business Development Center and received Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA) 2008 Dynamic Achievers Award.
Deloitte - Los Angeles Office,
350 S. Grand Avenue, 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
(Hermosa, Manhattan, and Redondo conference rooms)
Date and Time:
Thursday, May 1, 2014
5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
||5.30pm – 6.30pm
||Registration, networking and dinner
||6.30pm – 6.40pm
||Welcome and announcements
||6.40pm – 6.45pm
||Thomas Phelps/Fred Tan
||6.45pm – 8.00pm
||8:00pm – 8.10pm
- California Plaza (Deloitte office) - $39.15 all day, $11.30 after 5 pm (accepts credit card)
- One Bunker Hill (601 W 5th St., 2 blocks away) - $30 all day, $6 after 5 pm (accepts credit card)
- Parking at 400 S Broadway (3 blocks away) – $7 all day, $3.75 after 4 pm (cash only)
Come early to attend the networking sessions before the event and connect with Deloitte professionals, Deloitte alumni, Ascend professionals, and students from UCLA and USC.
For questions regarding this event please reach out to Nupur Jain at email@example.com.
Special thanks to BNY Mellon for being a participating sponsor for this event.
Ascend is the premier non-profit professional organization that enables its members, corporate partners and the community to realize the leadership potential of Pan-Asians in global corporations.
Ascend plays a vital role in helping global companies and its members align their objectives for mutual success and has rapidly become one of the largest Pan-Asian professional membership organizations. Ascend’s national and regional chapter programs help to:
- Cultivate the leadership development and professional growth of members
- Build eminence and visibility for Asians and to provide role models
- Provide business growth opportunities for our members and corporate partners
- Encourage the continuous presence and influence of Asians in the global economy
- Bridge the "Cultural Difference” gap between Asian and Western cultures
- Serve the public interest in the community
- Provide thought leadership and mentoring
Please visit www.AscendLeadership.org for more information.