The 10 Ks of Personal Branding
"(K)reate a better you"
You are invited to join Deloitte and ASCEND LA for a presentation from motivational speaker Kaplan Mobray.
Thursday, May 30, 2013
5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Deloitte Los Angeles Office, 18th floor
Ever wonder when you leave a room what people say about you? For many of us, there’s a gap between how we think we’re perceived and how others actually see us. At a time when many of us are soul searching and experiencing unprecedented change, having an identifiable brand greatly impacts how the world views us. People who make themselves positively memorable are the ones who are most often hired, promoted, valued and positioned for opportunity. As you look to keep your job, grow your career and elevate your performance —what are you doing to make yourself positively memorable? How can you polish your style to make an impression that reflects the real you and positions you for career success? Hailed as electrifying and thought provoking, this session, based on Kaplan’s best-selling book, The 10Ks of Personal Branding offers case studies and exercises that will help you identify your strengths and passions and create a brand for yourself that is positive and unique and positions you to excel in your career.
- Create an identifiable brand that conveys who you are, how you want to be remembered and how you stand out from the crowd.
- Define your goals and create a focused plan to achieve a personal or career objective.
- Learn career enhancing skills that you can implement immediately such as establishing recall, effective networking methods and leaving a lasting positive impression.
- Master the art of creating opportunities for your brand to further enhance your career success.
There will be networking opportunities with Deloitte profesionals, Deloitte alumni, Ascend LA professionals and University students from various local colleges before and after the workshop.
Deloitte Los Angeles Office
350 South Grand Ave, 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Date and time:
Thursday, May 30, 2013
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Wells Fargo Center - $8 after 4:00 PM
California Plaza - $11.30 after 5:00 PM
Wells Fargo Center X-2 Parking at 2nd and Hill street - $10 all day
Professional Member: $10
Professional Non-member: $35
Student Member: $5
Student Non-member: $20
Light dinner will be provided
For more information regarding this event, please contact Nupur Jain at email@example.com or Fred Tan (VP of Professional Development) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * *About Deloitte
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Ascend is the premier non-profit professional organization that enables its members, corporate partners and the community to realize the leadership potential of Pan-Asians in global corporations.
Ascend plays a vital role in helping global companies and its members align their objectives for mutual success and has rapidly become one of the largest Pan-Asian professional membership organizations. Ascend’s national and regional chapter programs help to:
- Cultivate the leadership development and professional growth of members
- Build eminence and visibility for Asians and to provide role models
- Provide business growth opportunities for our members and corporate partners
- Encourage the continuous presence and influence of Asians in the global economy
- Bridge the "Cultural Difference” gap between Asian and Western cultures
- Serve the public interest in the community
- Provide thought leadership and mentoring
Please visit www.AscendLeadership.org for more information.