Ascend Los Angeles Chapter Speed Mentoring at UCLA (May 9)
This will be our first speed mentoring event at UCLA. Well-established working professionals from various industries, including a senior executive from a premier executive search firm, will mentor students and professionals on how to effectively put on their "A” game during the interview/recruiting process and the steps to take in order to succeed in their careers. Come out to network with students and professionals and have some fun!
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Location: UCLA Ackerman Grand Ballroom
GPS Address for Directions: 110 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles
Parking: Parking Lot #4 ($11)
6:00pm - 6:30pm Registration/Networking
6:30pm - 8:30pm Ascend Los Angeles Chapter Speed Mentoring at UCLA
1. Tom Saletta | Vice President, Internal Audit | Korn/Ferry International
2. Bruno Singh | Vice President, SAP Center of Excellence | NBCUniversal, Inc.
3. Gary Teo | Senior Vice President, Director of Recruiting & Greater China HR | East West Bank
4. Yuko Kaifu | Senior Vice President, Communications and External Affairs | Union Bank
5. David Son | Director of IT Risk & Compliance | DIRECTV
6. Kathy Nitta | Executive Director, Tax | Ernst & Young LLP
7. Brian Li | Senior Manager, Advisory | Ernst & Young LLP
8. Stephanie Chua | Staff, Tax | Ernst & Young LLP
9. Angela Tong | Staff, Tax | Ernst & Young LLP
10. Thomas Phelps IV | Director, Advisory | PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
11. Sheena Lam | Senior Manager, Audit | KPMG LLP
12. Jason Chen | Manager, Tax | KPMG LLP
13. Erik Mok | Internal Audit Services Manager | Scan Health Plan
14. Amy Wu | Staff | Crowe Horwath
15. Kurtis Chen | Staff, Audit | Deloitte LLP
UCLA and Other Students: Complimentary with registration
Professional Members: $5**
Professional Nonmembers: $20**
**All registration proceeds will be directed specifically to Ascend’s future events at UCLA.
Please RSVP by Wednesday, May 8th via the Ascend website at: http://www.ascendleadership.org/events/event_details.asp?id=311327
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Thomas Phelps IV (President) at email@example.com or Fred Tan (VP of Professional Development) at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the generous support of our sponsors for supporting this event:
* * * * *About Ascend
Ascend is the premier professional organization dedicated to enabling its members, business partners and the community to leverage the leadership and global business potential of Pan-Asians.
Ascend plays a vital role in helping global companies and its members align their objectives for mutual success and has rapidly become one of the largest Pan-Asian professional membership organizations. Ascend’s national and regional chapter programs help to:
-- Cultivate the leadership development and professional growth of members
-- Build eminence and visibility for Asians and to provide role models
-- Provide business growth opportunities for our members and corporate partners
-- Encourage the continuous presence and influence of Asians in the global economy
-- Bridge the "Cultural Difference” gap between Asian and Western cultures
-- Serve the public interest in the community and
-- Provide thought leadership
Please visit www.AscendLeadership.org for more information.