From April 17th - 26th, the Asian American Federation is among the 22 organizations invited to participate in a 10 day special giving campaign where the W.K. Kellogg Foundation will match funds raised dollar for dollar up to $20,000. There is also a bonus prize of $100,000 for raising the most funds.
Each year, the Federation raises funds and makes grants to community organizations that provide on the ground, direct services to children, seniors, women, and new immigrants. In 2011, 22 organizations received grants totaling $237,000. This year, we want to do more as in the following:
- Provide hot meals, recreation, and counseling to our seniors, many of whom live alone and experience a higher rate of depression than their peers;
- Make available legal services for women experiencing domestic violence, maintain shelters for their safety, and assist them in gaining financial security;
- Support early childhood education and afterschool programs, which help children from immigrant working poor families to succeed in school and to gain healthy growing up experiences;
- Complete the first ever national policy report, the State of Asian American Children;
- Teach English to new immigrants and offer skills training and job readiness assistance; and
- Increase citizenship and voter participation in the community.
Our goal is to raise $500,000 this year. With your support, we can win the bonus prize, reach our goal, and make a real difference in the well-being of our community. Please join us and ask your friends to do the same on April 17th - 26th, by donating online at:
If you wish to donate or to designate your gift to elder care, children’s education, women’s programs, or citizenship & civic engagement, please email email@example.com to let us know.
Donations are tax deductable and please note, acknowledgement letters will be sent directly from Razoo, the online giving platform for this giving campaign.