Los Angeles Metro Chapter
Inspiring Across Generations
2011 Annual Event and Holiday Party
December 5, 2011; Monday Evening
Sponsored by CalCPA, Deloitte, E&Y, KPMG, PwC,
Comerica Bank, East West Bank, Robert Half, and 99 Ranch
Would you like to obtain guidance from senior leaders on how to advance your career?
Please join the Ascend Los Angeles Metro Chapter for some inspirational thoughts from our keynote speakers, a discussion with a great executive panel, dinner, and networking opportunities.
You'll hear from Holly Fujie, Chair of Senator Feinstein's Judicial Advisory Committee, and Chris Simmons, PwC Managing Partner, on cultural differences and myths of Asian American leadership.You'll also hear insights from the E&Y Los Angeles Assurance leader, a KPMG Japanese audit partner, a Senior Vice President from East West Bank and others on successful leadership characteristics.
Finally, we hope you will make new connections and create new mentoring relationships. To celebrate the holidays, we will be holding a raffle for an iPad and several iPods.
Register at: http://www.ascendleadership.org/events/event_details.asp?id=186687
The flyer for this event can be found here.
Costs:*Pre-registration: $20/member, $30/non-member, $10/student
At the door: $30/member, $40/non-member, $20/student
*Registration may be complimentary if you are employed by one of our sponsors. Contact email@example.com for the complimentary registration code. For questions, contact the Annual Event Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.Monday, December 5, 2011
3:30 PM – Inspiring Across Generations Mentoring Session
Moderated by Gigie Alunday, Ascend Director-at-Large5:00 PM – 2011 Annual Event Registration Begins
• Raul Cruz, AECOM CIO
• Shellie Saiki, Deloitte Partner
• Conway Shui, Time Warner Managing Director
• Jenai Marinkovic, DIRECTV Director of Information Security
5:30 PM – Welcome: Kathy Nitta, Ascend VP of Internal Affairs
5:40 PM – Toy Collection Drive: Erin Manalo, Ascend Community Service Coordinator
5:45 PM – Dinner and Keynote Speaker: Holly Fujie, Chair of Senator Feinstein's Judicial Advisory Committee
6:15 PM – Martial Arts Weapons Demonstration
7:00 PM – Keynote Speaker: Chris Simmons, Managing Partner, PwC US Board & Chair of the Partner Admissions Committee
7:45 PM – Executive Panel
Panelists include: 8:45 PM – iPad Holiday Raffle Drawing & Closing: Thomas Phelps IV, Ascend President
• Vivian Usui, KPMG Audit Partner, Japanese Practice
• Andrew Pan, East West Bank, Senior Vice President of China Business Banking
• Roger Yang, Ernst & Young, Greater LA Assurance Leader
• Cecile Galvez, Deloitte, Assurance & Enterprise Risk Services Director
3500 W Ramona Blvd, Monterey Park, CA 91754
Toy Collection Drive
To continue our commitment to serving the community, we are holding a toy drive at our Annual Event. Your generous donation will benefit "Spark of Love," managed in part by the Children's Trust Fund of Los Angeles, an organization that provides financial support and shelter to foster and at-risk youth within LA County. Help bring some joy to their holidays and bring a toy! Donation Specifications
• Acceptable items may include clothing for youth, toys, stuffed animals, equipment for sports activities.
• Items must be brand new and in their original packaging.
• There is an urgent need for items for teenaged youth and tots aged 0-2.
* * * * *About Ascend
Ascend is the premier non-profit professional organization dedicated to enabling its members, corporate partners and the community to realizing the leadership potential of Pan-Asians in global corporations.
Ascend has 5,000+ members with 37 professional and student chapters located in major business hubs and campuses. Ascend membership is open to individuals of all ethnicities and business backgrounds. Ascend was started to address the shortage of Asian leaders in Corporate America.Corporate Partners Enjoy • Leadership development opportunities for professionals to increase retention and promote advancement
• Support of the development of Asian business leaders
• Deeper understanding of Asian cultures in a professional setting
• Targeted exposure to opportunities that showcase company’s products, services and career opportunities
• Opportunities to make a difference within the Asian community
Please visit www.AscendLeadership.org for more information.
This email was sent to '@@email@@' from Ascend. If you wish to stop receiving email from us, you can simply remove yourself by visiting: http://www.ascendleadership.org/general/opt.asp?e=@@email@@