Why: Advice from an Asian perspective in advancing your career. We all have preconceived ideas on what it takes to be successful in the business world. Our speaker will share her advice as a mentor and sponsor for Asian students and professionals. Please join us for an informative session that will increase your cultural awareness of how Asian cultural values impact behavior and perceptions. Learn about actions you can take to advance rapidly as a future leader in the US business environment.
Who: Lisa Ong–National Diversity Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Lisa designs and implements diversity and inclusion strategies, resources and training programs. She is responsible for minority retention and advancement strategies with a focus on developing diverse talent. Prior to her current national role, she spent over 20 years with PwC in a variety of roles in the Houston and Dallas offices. Lisa earned her BBA in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a TX CPA and certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources. She serves on the boards of Ascend at the National Corporate Advisory level, Community Council of Greater Dallas, Dallas Society of CPAs and the Texas Society of CPA's.She received the Ascend National President's "PHD" Award at the 2010 Convention for her "Passion, High energy and Dedication" to Ascend.
Directions to Room JO 3.516 in Erik Jonsson Academic Center
1. Turn onto University Drive from Campbell Road and stop by the Visitor Information Center (VIC) to obtain an visitor parking pass then drive along Armstrong Drive. Prepare to stop at the four-way stop sign at the intersection of Armstrong Drive and Drive A.
2. Turn Right and pass through Parking Lot D and Lot C. There’s another stop sign at W. Lookout Drive.
3. Proceed straight across W. Lookout Drive and enter into Parking Lot B. Park in Visitor or Green parking place.
4. Use the safe walking path and head west toward campus.
5. A large campus map (right) and Green Bridge appear at the end of the path.
6. Cross the Green Bridge and walk between Green Hall and Green Center.
7. After the gap between Green Center and Green Hall, Erik Jonsson Academic Center is on your right.
8. Go up all the steps, you will find your destination- the third floor of Erik Jonsson Academic Center on your right hand side.
9. JO 3.516 is located at the south end of the 3rd floor. Please refer to the room number directions inside the building.