Career Fair | Session Time: 6pm - 930pm
Who should attend: The Career Fair is intended for the experienced student & industry professional looking to network or discuss career opportunities with recruiters.
Meet and talk 1:1 with recruiters from Microsoft and State Farm. Recruiting will focus on the following functional areas:
- Software Development / Computer Science
- Microsoft IT
- Supply Chain
- Insurance Agency Recruiting
- MBA and College Recruiting
NEW: Job seekers MUST submit resumes before the event to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following in the SUBJECT LINE: Company of interest (Microsoft/State Farm), and Area of Interest (see above list).
All recruiters will be provided with a Resume Book and Resume CD from all resumes submitted, and 1:1 times with candidates that meeting requirements for immediate openings will be arranged in advance.
Personal Resume Review | Session Time: 6pm - 9pm
Who should attend: Entry to mid level professionals who have not had their resume professionally reviewed in the last 12 months.
Receive 1:1 advice from industry professionals. This is a valuable opportunity to make sure your experience and value proposition is clearly articulated with appropriate key words. Total time alloted is 5 minutes per individual. Sign ups are first come first served. We will post the bios of the Professional Resume Reviewers at the event.
Career Development / Job Seeking Session (full details pending)
"A" Session Time: 7pm - 8pm / maximum attendees 150
"B" Session Time: 815pm - 915pm / maximum attendees 150
Who should attend: Job seekers (students/professionals) looking for up-to-date job search resources and advice on progressing in your career
Last Fall this session included a panel discussion of Microsoft Recruiters discussing how to use social networking sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter to be seen by recruiters, and build your professional online networking community. Sample content of presentation material can be found online @ vimeo: Social Media for Job Seekers: A Career Coaches Panel. The exact session for this April event is still being planned, and may include separate interview areas for immediate openings, so stay tuned.
MBA Informational Booths | Session Time: 6pm - 930pm
Who should attend: Anyone considering applying to an MBA program now or in the future..
Recruiters from the leading MBA programs in the area will be on hand to discuss the MBA application process, the unique values of each program, and the benefits of an MBA. Final program attendance is being finalized. The Fall event included representatives from:
- University of Washington, Foster School of Business
- University of Washington Bothell
- University of Phoenix
- Bainbridge Graduate Institute
- Argosy University
- Seattle Pacific University
Professional Diversity Organization Showcase | Session Time: 6pm - 9pm
Who should attend: Everyone
Representatives from the Professional Diversity Organizations that partner to organize this event will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss upcoming events and benefits. Past partners include:
- NSHMBA Seattle (National Society of Hispanic MBAs)
- SHPE Puget Sound Chapter (Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers)
- NAAAP Seattle (National Association of Asian American Professionals)
- ALPFA Seattle (Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting)
- SWE (Society of Women Engineers)
- NAWMBA (National Association of Women MBAs)
- El Centro de La Raza
- EDI (Executive Development Institute)
- KCHCC (King County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce)
- AWSHCC (Association of Washington State Hispanic Chambers of Commerce)
- Washington State Commission on Hispanic Affairs
For event registration please go to: http://diversityseattle2011.eventbrite.com/.