ASCEND Metro New York Presents - "Competing for Growth”
The Metro New York Chapter of Ascend and Ernst & Young invite Ascend members to an executive discussion and networking event on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm at the New York Ernst & Young office (5 Times Square, 22nd floor). The theme of this event is "Competing for Growth”. The event is FREE for Ascend Professional members.
Companies across all sectors and markets are expecting the new economy to be even more competitive than the old over the next two years, according to Ernst & Young's survey of 1,400 executives from around the world. The increased competitive pressure extends across the value chain for labor, input materials and capital. And those from emerging markets expect competitiveness to increase the most, as companies from developed markets enter and local players intensify their focus.
Leading companies are following a new performance agenda as they seek to benefit from the new market environment. This new competitive agenda focuses on four key areas: (i) Customer Reach (ii) Cost Competitiveness (iii) Stakeholder Confidence (iv) Operational Agility.
The event features an executive discussion on what companies are doing today to become competitive in this new market environment. You will have an opportunity to hear the panelist's perspectives and insights first hand and to network with other Ascend professionals. The panel will consist of two senior executives from the financial services area and will be moderated by Ernst & Young partner, Nadine Mirchandani. Discussion topics will include: ·
· How their organizations started to "get back to business?
· What are their key concerns in the new market environment?
· How they approach the new competitive agenda and how can professional service providers help them with these areas?
· Kristie Wong, Controller, Barclays Americas
· Harry Chopra, Managing Director, Global Client Service and Sales Operations, Standard & Poor's
A networking cocktail hour will follow the event.
The event is FREE to active Professional Members. There are limited spots for non-members with a $15 registration fee. To become a member please sign up using the following link:
Remember- Ascend membership fees are 100% reimbursable by the firm!
Being a member of Ascend provides individuals with access to the following:
· Enhanced presence and influence of current and future business leaders of Asian and Pacific Islander descent
· Serve as a collective voice for those business communities
· Ascend is the premier professional organization dedicated to enabling its members, business partners and the community to leverage the leadership and global business potential of Pan-Asians
Membership is open to those who share Ascend's mission regardless of ethnicity and professional background. The majority of members are from fields where there are high concentrations of Asians in the accounting, finance, technology, professional services, financial services and others in business, government, academia and the community.
Please join today and register for the event on Tuesday, April 19, 2011.
** This event is only open to professionals.