Speak to Persuade
When Being Informative is Not Enough
Date: Saturday, March 19, 2011
Where: REI Seattle
Time: 10:00 AM -3:30 PM
Cost: Free for members, $20 for non-members
Meals: Lunch will be served
Speak to Persuade is a program designed specifically for individuals and presentation teams who have a high need to learn how to develop and deliver presentations that will:
- Influence decision-making
- Obtain buy-in
- Move your listeners to take specific, desired action
The fact is, in today's highly competitive environment, your level of knowledge or expertise and your track record or experience by themselves, may not be enough to be heard above the many other voices vying for the same attention. More than ever, we're living in a society that has truly "heard it all before.” Standing out from the din of other voices whose message sounds too much like your own has become more challenging than ever. It requires knowing much more than what you want to say.
If it is important for you to:
- Maximize your impact as well as that of your message
- Connect with your audiences and build a genuine sense of trust and rapport
- Get your listeners to feel the impact of what you're saying, not just think it
- Increase the power of every key message you deliver, every key point you make
- Be remembered for all the right reasons long after your presentation is over … then you will want to experience, Speak to Persuade!
What value will you get?
In an engaging and interactive format, Vanna will show you how to:
- Develop and deliver presentations that will influence thinking and impact decision making – you will move from being simply informative to becoming a persuasive presenter
- Build a benefits-focused presentation tailored to meet the needs and interests of your audience
- Position and present key ideas for maximum impact
- Be heard and more importantly, be remembered
- Understand and apply the three C's in persuasive speaking
- Develop meaningful openings, transitions and conclusions that engage and impact
- Build in logical and emotional appeal to feed both the minds and hearts of your listeners
- Elicit trust and instill confidence while building rapport
- Use Vanna's "Fast Five Steps” to structure presentations designed to persuade
- Think on your feet and respond effectively when under pressure
- Stay in control and maintain a positive tone during the Q & A
- Apply the three vital principles in developing and using persuasive structure
Never be boring again!
It's all about knowing what it takes to create a genuine relationship of trust with your audiences, then maximizing the potency and affect of your message through the right balance of content and effective use of persuasive structure and language.
Vanna's clients can tell you better than anyone, why out of the thousands of others who offer programs on effective presentation skills, you might want to bring Vanna in to speak to or work with your group. But in addition to what her clients say about her, it might be helpful to know that her business has been built almost purely on word of mouth, and that nearly 75% of her work comes from loyal, long-term clients who love what she delivers and the difference that she's made.
Vanna Novak is a nationally recognized expert on developing and delivering presentations designed to influence the thinking and decisions of audiences or groups of listeners, and motivate them to take specific, desired action.
Based in Seattle, Washington, she is president and owner of Speak to Persuade and has been in the business as a professional speaker, trainer and consultant for over 20 years. Her background includes having served as a director of employee relations, university adjunct faculty member, twice elected Board of Director for the National Speakers Association, two-time gubernatorial appointee in Washington state, and a featured guest on both radio and television.
Vanna is the author and featured speaker on various audio and video programs including, "Overcoming America's #1 Fear: Public Speaking,” "Winning Clients through Powerful & Persuasive Presentations” and her recently released DVD set, "Speak To Persuade: When Being Informative Is Not Enough.” Her clients include Alaska Airlines, The Boeing Company, Budget Rent-A-Car Systems, Court TV, The Disney Corporation, ESPN, Firestone, IBM, MUZAK, Nintendo of America, Nordstrom, and UCLA's Anderson School of Business.
When speaking to groups about effective presentation skills, her focus is on turning presentations and presenters that are simply informative, into ones that will convince, persuade and inspire!
To learn more about Vanna, visit her website at http://www.speaktopersuade.com/