"Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.”
- John Crosby
With such a great kickoff session in San Francisco just last month, the Ascend Mentoring Committee decided to host another workshop in the South Bay to provide an opportunity for those who missed the first fantastic event!
To recap, our series of mentoring workshops are designed to help mentors and mentees better understand the value of a mentoring relationship. You will also learn how to foster and strengthen these relationships that can best benefit your professional and personal development.
Here are some questions we will explore together:
As a Mentee:
1. "What is the true value of having a mentor?”
2. "What benefit do I get from being someone’s mentor?”
3. "How do I make the most out of my mentoring relationship?”
4. "I don’t really know what type of person I should be looking for to serve as my mentor. How do I find one that is most suitable for me?”
5. "I have a mentor who I think is really suited well for me, but s/he is so busy that I have not been able to get what I need from this mentorship. What should I do?”
6. "I really want to serve as a mentor, but my schedule is so hectic that I have trouble finding time to invest in my mentee.”
7. "What is the time commitment required for a mentoring program such as Ascend’s?”
8. "Can I serve as both a mentor and a mentee?”
As a Mentor:
1. "How can I make the best use of our time together so that my mentee really succeeds in his/her goals?”
2. "How do I know that our mentoring relationship is productive?”
3. "When & how do I end a mentoring relationship well?”
4. "What am I doing to be a better mentor?”
5. "How does coaching help me be a more effective mentor?”
If you have had at least one of the thoughts / questions described above, we encourage you to come to our 2009/2010 Mentoring Workshop on January 19th at PricewaterhouseCoopers’ office in San Jose.
MORE DETAILS SOON TO FOLLOW!
Please forward this to other friends and colleagues who you think may benefit from this session!
|Price: Regular (Jan 07, 2010 - Jan 19, 2010)|