Seattle Ascend's vision and strategy is to:
1. Mentor across multiple generations.
2. Incubate the next generation of leaders.
3. Recruit experienced leaders to both learn and serve as mentors.
4. Create a safe forum to share, discuss and resolve career barriers and workplace challenges unique to our culture.
Seattle Ascend's branding statement:
1. Ascend will focus on inspiring people to achieve their aspirations to be a leader –both professionally and personally without compromising with their culture.Seattle Ascend is dedicated to help grow and develop future leaders without sacrificing their culture.
2. Ascend will provide a collective voice for the community, a community of understanding and a community to hold on to our values and culture while excelling in our professional fields.
3. Ascend will call upon those who have succeeded in reaching their goals to consider giving back to the society and especially to Ascend Membership. Successful leaders can help by reflecting on how they reached where they are and thus impart their wisdom, knowledge, challenges and experience in kind through mentoring of others; and to reach back and help our fellow Asians to succeed in achieving their goals.
Ascend Seattle Leadership Team
|Co-President||Maureen Francisco||Realself.com, NW Productions, LLC|
|Executive VP||Emily Wang||State Farm|
|Secretary/Treasurer||Jamie Powers||Teleion Consulting, LLC|
|Events Co-Chair||Diana Nguyen||RealNetworks|
|Events Co-Chair||Jeff Willloughby||Grant Thornton|
|Events Director||Emily Rollins||Deloitte|
|Events Director||Eric Pao||New York Life|
|Gala Co-Chair||Shane Rai||SDL|
|Gala Co-Chair||Kay Kay Chan||PwC|
|Membership Director||Lily Lee||PwC|
|Membership Chair||Rich Asiodche||Ernst & Young|
|Marketing Co-Chair||Albert Nguyen||CVP Partners|
|Marketing Co-Chair||Michael Rahimi||PwC|
|Student Affairs Chair||Daniel Lee||Microsoft|
Seattle Undergraduate Student Chapters
- Seattle University
- University of Washington
Students can be leaders too...
Ascend's vision is: "To enhance the presence and influence of current and future business leaders of Asian and Pacific Islander descent and to serve as a collective voice for those business communities."
Are you a proactive student looking to further develop your college experience and knowledge outside of the classroom? Do you seek to network with individuals from many different backgrounds and professional fields that have an understanding of what it is to be an Asian-American or Pacific Islander in the "working world"? If so, the Ascend Seattle Chapter would be a great place for you.
The Ascend Seattle Chapter is looking to build a clear path of communication between professional members of the Ascend organization and students looking for mentorship, leadership, and networking opportunities. Particularly as an Asian-American or Pacific Islander, it can sometimes be difficult to find a role model with a shared background to turn to when seeking guidance as college years go by, graduations approach, and careers begin. The Ascend Seattle Chapter looks to help in creating a framework that will allow for student members of the organization to openly turn to professional members for mentorship and guidance. We are looking for the best and the brightest to join the Ascend organization as student members, and make the most of what Ascend has to offer, including:
* fun and impactful networking events
* mentoring relationships with experienced professionals looking to help
* leadership opportunities to help you grow and prepare for your future
The annual student membership fee is $25. For more information about becoming a student member of the Ascend Seattle Chapter, please contact Jon Tam (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Recent Events: Click Here to View Upcoming Events
Follow us on
Connect. Inspire. Ascend.