is to enhance the presence and influence of Pan-Asian business leaders and to serve as a collective voice for those business communities.
Asians represent the largest proportion of minorities entering and staying in the accounting, finance, technology and related fields in the US. The important role that this group has on the global marketplace continues to increase with the economic growth of Asia, especially China, India and Southeast Asia.
Ascend aims to build and strengthen the careers of Pan-Asians at all stages of their professional life through various programs:
- CxO Leadership Series: Fosters discussion between C-Level management and high-potential executives and senior managers
- LEAD Program: the "Lead, Empower, Advance and Develop" (LEAD) Program focuses on developing the leadership, communication and managerial skills of young professionals
- Mentorship Program: Identifies and grooms future leaders by pairing them with senior business executives who serve as role models
- National Professional Development Series: Bridges Asian and American business cultures and discusses how cultural competency influences success in the workplace
- Leadership Development Conferences: Our regional and national conferences offer multiple opportunities to build new skills, broaden your network and enhance existing relationships
For Undergraduate Students
Our work begins at the undergraduate level, and Ascend is proud to offer the following programs for its student members:
1. National Scholarship Program
2. Student Chapters across the United States
3. National Case Competition
Ascend emphasizes the importance of giving back to the community. We regularly host community events
in various chapters. These events include but are not limited to tutorials on accounting and financial responsibility, charity toy drives, fundraising for local and international aid organizations, and participation in Junior Achievement programs.